General Market Information
- Market hours are from 8:00 am to 1:00 pm on the first and third Saturday of every month, except July.
- Vendors are allowed to arrive for setup between 5:30 am and 7:45 am on the day of the market. We do not permit vendors to setup on the Friday before the market.
- Vendors are expected to be finished setting up their booths before the market opens. We begin checking progress at 7:45 am to ensure all vendors have completed setup.
- Bathrooms are available at Friendship Park and inside the Lawton House.
- The Oviedo Historical Society market manager will assign the vendor booth space location and reserves the right to relocate
and/or adjust the vendor booth space as deemed appropriate.
- Upon setup of their booth, vendors should place the space number flag in the left corner of the space.
- Generally, there are volunteers available to assist in setting up and taking down a booth. Their assistance is not guaranteed, so vendors must be able to rely on their own methods to setup their space before the market opens. Volunteers typically arrive between 7:15 am and 7:30 am.
- All vendors should park on the outer rim of the parking lot or in the far lot off of Garden Street. If a vendor has express health concerns that limit their mobility, they are permitted to park in the spots closest to the market.
- Vendors are permitted to drive their vehicles onto the market grounds during setup to unload their vehicles, but they must remove their vehicles from the area before they may begin assembling their booths.
- All vendors are required to be present for the entire duration of the market. Late arrival and early departure are not permitted without express permission from the market manager.
- Vendors are required to be present on all Saturdays they were approved for regular vending. If a vendor is unable to attend a specific market, advance notice must be given to the market manager to avoid penalty.
- Vendors may only sell the products expressly approved from their application.
- All vendors are required to have at a minimum a local business tax receipt as well as registration with the state of Florida as an LLC, a sole-proprietorship, an equivalent business structure, or simply with a ficticious name (DBA). Proof of both must be kept readily available by the vendor at all times.
- It remains the exclusive responsibility of each vendor to assure compliance with all local, state and federal laws with respect to license and certification requirements.
- It remains the exclusive responsibility of each vendor to acquire the appropriate product and liability insurance.
- Portable generators are not permitted except with the express permission of the market manager. We give high preference to inverter generators if there is a necessity to use one.
- Vendors must not engage in aggressive sales tactics or behavior that is offensive, defamatory, vulgar, pornographic, unlawful, or
otherwise deemed inappropriate.
- Vendors and their employee(s) must be dressed in an appropriate fashion and good taste consistent with the family friendly environment surrounding the event.
- Vendors are responsible for maintaining a clean and orderly booth space and collection of trash for proper disposal at the conclusion
of the market day.
- Vendors and employee(s) are prohibited from the sale or consumption of alcohol, drugs, and tobacco products. Proper licensures, agreements, correspondence, and written approval from the market manager are required.
- Vendors are prohibited from the use of audible producing devices unless as approved within the vendor application and specific
need for the vendor product sales.
- Products that are perceived as distasteful, pornographic, offensive or otherwise not in conformance with the market will not be allowed.
- Payment for regular vending can be made in three ways: online payment through the Oviedo Farmers Market website, cash transaction to circulating treasurer, or PayPal transfer at the OHS information booth.
- Payment should be made before or during the market in the appropriate value corresponding to your space and vendor classification. If clarification is needed on the payment value, contact the market manager at the OHS information booth.
- Vendors must display their business name in their booth.
- All tents must be weighed down by canopy weights equivalent to a minimum of ten pounds per leg. Leg spikes are recommended.
- Vendors are encouraged to incorporate electronic credit & debit card sales capabilities and assure proper cash is on hand for
transactions. The Oviedo Historical Society does not have cash-change capabilities or an ATM present on site. Vendors are
exclusively responsible for applicable sales tax for the State of Florida.
- The Oviedo Farmers Market does not allow religious or political groups to vend on the main market grounds. These groups are limited to the Free Speech strip located on the grass median on the opposite side of the main market lawn. Solicitation and petitioning are restricted to the grass and is expressly prohibited in all forms on the market lawn and parking lot. Any persons found in violation of this provision will be asked to leave the area or be trespassed for egregious violations.
- Non-profit, government, student, and charitable groups are permitted to vend for free on the Service Row of the main market strip. This is a first come first serve opportunity and will not be expanded beyond the nine-booth limit. These groups are not permitted to sell products; however, they are allowed to seek donations, members, volunteers, and collaborative opportunities with other groups and members of the community. This opportunity primarily exists to allow these groups to educate, engage, and enable the community to promote civic engagement and community identity within the city. All solicitations must be limited to the booth space provided by the Oviedo Historical Society.
- The Oviedo Historical Society can provide tables, tents, and chairs to vendors that require them; however, this is available on a first come first serve basis and is not guaranteed for any vendor.
- The Oviedo Historical Society reserves the right to cancel the market day for the projected bad weather, holiday conflicts, or any
other reason determined to be in the best interest of the society and guests. Weather cancellations are normally determined the
Thursday prior to the market day and an e-mail correspondence is provided. We recognize that weather cancellations are not ideal before the day of the market; however, we must consider the vendors who prepare perishable products as well as the safety of our volunteers and patrons.
- If any sanctions, fines, or suspensions are instituted on a vendor, the vendor may appeal the decision to the Executive Board of the Oviedo Historical Society. Vendor dispute resolution will be handled directly between the vendor and the Oviedo Historical Executive Board. Any vendor wishing to appeal a decision will submit, no more than 14 days after of the alleged infraction, a written explanation of circumstances and requested restitution measures. The Oviedo Historical Society Executive Board will review the request at its next scheduled business meeting and render a decision immediately following unless it deems additional time, information, or research is necessary for which the final determination will be extended. The Oviedo Historical Society Executive Board's decision will be the final authority and shall be binding without the option of further negotiation or appeal.
- Upon acceptance to the Oviedo Farmers Market, vendors agree to exclusively "hold harmless" the Oviedo Historical Society as well as its partners, affiliations, organizations, board members, general members, volunteers, staff, employees, and the City of Oviedo for any and all liability, medical expenses incurred, loss of property, damage of property, merchandise or products, injuries, loss of revenue, and loss of life.